Friday, March 4, 2011

Crafts: Firefly Cross Stitching

[FireflyClose.jpg]


You can get the cross stitch patterns for each of the characters from Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins.
"Inspired by Needle Noodles Creepy Cute Cross Stitch, Lego Star Wars (could you imagine if there was a Lego Firefly, wouldn't that be amazing?) and this Jayne's Hat cross stitch I decided to try my hand at creating some Firefly related cross stitches. I spent last week creating the character designs and then much of the last seven days stitching it all together. The lettering was borrowed from Better Homes & Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs, with some modifications (I really don't know why that book doesn't believe in half stitches.)"

This piece is going to be donated to the B.C. Browncoats for the silent auction they'll be holding during this year's Can't Stop the Serenity screening, where proceeds go to Joss Whedon's favourite charity, Equality Now.

[FireflyFramed.jpg]

[FireflyGroup.jpg]

"That's right, more Firefly stuff! Along with the group picture I originally stitched, I'm going to donate these three character pieces to the silent auction for the Vancouver Can't Stop the Serenity Screening. Each picture was stitched on a piece of 18 count cream Aida cloth and is in a 4 X 6 inch frame. I picked up the frames at a local dollar store and got a large piece of the Aida cloth (there's still about half left) for just $13.00. Overall, a nicely inexpensive project."
[FireflyJayne.jpg]

[FireflyWash.jpg]

[FireflyRiver.jpg]
"The borders on the pieces either came directly from, or are modifications of the ones found in, Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. The lettering on the Wash and River pieces also came from this book. The lettering on the Jayne picture comes from an old Stoney Creek cross stitch book, now out of print, called Pig Tales. I love that book! I think I've only stitched one or two of the piggy designs, but it's my go-to lettering whenever I need something small that looks kinda fancy."
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tOb7GQK0y68/S6pj7YZBKyI/AAAAAAAABNE/Ip7VwCl9uoA/s1600/LeafWindCrossStitch.jpg

Firefly and quote from Leaf on the Wind song by the Bedlam Bards

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4273413380_156117aee8.jpg


"From the greatest series never to have it's fair chance. If you'll excuse me, I have to knit a matching hat now."



http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Serenity_Cross_Stitch_004.jpg

Firefly Cross Stitch by Birdythemighty

2 comments:

  1. OK,new follower.Love your stuff and the links to other great geeky stuff.Fan girl squeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower...and your Firefly stuff is amazing! The cross stitch of Serenity...wow. How'd you design it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...