Monday, December 30, 2013

Crafts: Thror’s Map Embroidery

Thrors Map

"It’s done at last! This map took me around 55 hours over the course of 2 months, and it’s just under 14” x 11”. The pictures aren’t the best, since they were taken with my iPod and the map is resting on an uneven surface. I’ll attempt to take some better ones once it’s framed, and I’m sure the folks at Desert Bus will do a much better job of photographing it when it reaches them.

Speaking of which, I made this project for Desert Bus for Hope, which raises money for Child’s Play every November. It’s an extremely entertaining event, and has many, many awesome auctions and prizes donated by both crafters and companies. If you are a geek, I can guarantee you will find something you love there.

Anyway, that’s my spiel for today. I’m proud of this piece, I’m proud of where it’s going, and I’ll be sad to let it go. I hope you all like it!"

Thrors Map Embroidery

Thrors Map Embroidery

Thrors Map Embroidery

Thrors Map Embroidery

Thrors Map Embroidery

Thrors Map Embroidery

Thrors Map Embroidery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...