Friday, December 27, 2013

DIY: Middle Earth Map

http://31.media.tumblr.com/eb169d5a5d30b4554acdd07aaeb35543/tumblr_mjyufsJuZm1s935ylo1_1280.jpg

Make your own with this tutorial from Instructables.
"This year for Christmas I decided to create a present for my wife. We are both nerds and the release of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" put into motion a project I had wanted to do for a while but had put on a back burner due to school. My wife has always voiced a desire to have a large map on the wall of our office. Initally I thought to make a duplicate of the map that is used in the film but I thought it wouldn't be large enough so I instead decided to make a huge map of Middle Earth for the office. I liked the idea of a map but I wanted to make it look a little more unique and aged than just a simple map. So I set out to make an aged map of Middle Earth and wanted to take you along on for this unexpected journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...